It's Time for CollaboratioN TowArds Close CooperaTion
 Erasmus Mundus - INTACT - FAQ

On this page you can find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the project. If you have additional questions after reading the website accurately, you can contact us at

When writing us, please provide the registration number which has been given to you after submitting your application.

General questions about the project:

Information about the application

Questions about the on-line application


Is Erasmus Mundus Action 2 part of the Erasmus Mundus II (2009-2013)?

EMA 2 is integrated as Action II "Partnerships" under the new Erasmus Mundus II programme always aiming at promoting institutional cooperation and mobility activities.

What is a consortium?

A consortium consists of several higher education institutions that intends to implement a project together. The Erasmus Mundus Action 2 consortium INTACT consists of 20 Partner Universities including 13 Asian Universities and 7 European Universities. more info

Can I use the EMA 2 scholarship to study at any university of my choice?

You can choose to apply among the European partner universities. Mobilities towards the Asian Countries and among Asian institutions are not eligible.

 Where can I find out more about the universities that are involved in EM INTACT project?

You can find a list of 20 Partner Universities including 13 Asian Universities and 6 European Universities. more info

Which types of individual mobility flows are targeted?

The EMA 2 program allows for 5 types of individual mobility: Bachelors, Masters, Doctorates, Post-Doctorate, Staff. These types of mobility are targeted depending on the specific geographical window concerned. more info


How staff is defined?

Staff comprises teaching staff or researchers , but also university administrators involved in cooperation activities employed full time in the Universities participating in the Partnership.

Can I apply for an Erasmus Mundus Action 2 scholarship if I have already obtained a scholarship?

You cannot benefit for the same type of mobility under another project under the EMA2-ACTION 2. You cannot benefit from more than one scolarship within EM INTACT project.

What kind of academic recognition is given at the end of the mobility period?

At the end of a mobility period covering only part of a curriculum – lasting from one semester to one academic year or more -, the student must be provided by the host institution with a transcript of records specifying the marks obtained for each of the courses attended, with reference to the previously subscribed Learning Agreement. This transcript must be used by the home institution for recognising the study period abroad as part of the general curriculum required for obtaining the final degree. 


What languages do I need to speak to apply for this project?

Every partner university has its own language and admission criteria. You can find more information about the criteria for each partner university and their study programmes under the host university's requirements.


Am I eligible to apply for EM INTACT scholarship?

All applicants must be currently enrolled in one of the consortium partner university or must have a higher education degree obtained in the academic year coinciding with the start of the project eligibility period. For further eligibility requirements visit eligibility information.

I will get the results of my TOEFL/IELTS test after the deadline, can I hand it in later?

After the deadline, no changes to your file are possible anymore. That also means no documents sent additionally by post or email can be taken into account. Only the documents uploaded on the application system will be taken into consideration during the selection process. However, if you will be selected by the university, where language is requirement you will have additional time to provide language certificate.

How many host universities may I choose in my application?

You may choose two potential host universities. Please make sure then that you fulfill admission criteria for both host universities.


What courses can I take abroad?

We invite you to visit the Project Partners page and to carefully check the websites of the partner Universities.

Can I send my application documents in another language than English?

Communication and all the official documents including diplomas / transcripts of records/ certificates etc, should be in english or should have their official english translation attached. This does not count for passports.

What should I do if I don't yet hold the required academic certificates?

It may be possible that at the moment of applying you don't yet have the required certification (e.g. the Bachelor diploma if you are applying for a Master mobility). In these cases you should upload your latest transcript of records updated with the most recent exams you have taken, as well as a self-certification that you will hold the required documents at the time of starting the mobility. Please note that false declarations will automatically cause your expulsion from the program. The full required certificates will be requested for registering at the host university.

Who selects students and academic staff for mobility flows?

The Partenship is responsible for the organization, selection and the implementation of the individuals' mobility. more info


How will I know if I get accepted or not?

At the end of the selection process, the Partership will inform you of the outcome by email. If you have been selected, you will need to confirm your acceptance. The final list of the selected candidates and reserve list will be also published on the EM INTACT website.

When is the individual mobility flow to start?

For the call for applications 2013/2014 it is mandatory for all individual mobility flows covered by the specific agreement to start during the academic year 2014/2015, by the 31st December 2014 at the latest. It does not refer to staff members. Staff members are allowed to start their mobility later stage of the project.

Do I need to make an initial registration to the host university?

No. If get nomination, you will receive information from the host university on how to proceed with the course/programme application.

How can I get a visa?

Once you have received an official confirmation that you have been accepted for participation in the mobility scheme, you will have to apply for a visa in your home country by contacting the embassy of your host country. You should take into account that obtaining a visa can take some time. The International Relations Office at your Host university is a useful contact to turn to in case you need advice on how to proceed. EM INTACT Coordinating Insitution will provide you with a Confirmation of Status, which will be support for VISA request.


What kind of services can I expect to be offered by my host institution as an incoming student or staff member?

According to the rules of the programme, the host institutions are required to provide practical information and assistance to help students/staff settle in and get acquainted with the host university. Services provided may include, for example, linguistic support in the form of language courses, information on housing facilities, activities encouraging social integration, and services for students with a family or special needs. Find further information about each university on the respective website.

Who pays the allocated amounts to students and academic staff and how?

Host institution is responsible for paying the grants to the students and academic staff. Each host institution are free to establish their own payment modalities provided they respect the full amount to be paid out and that the payments are performed on a regular basis, preferable on a monthly basis and for periods not longer than three months. Payments will be transferred by your host university to your European bank account. Travel arrangements and insurance will be provided by coordinating institution – Frederick University.

What is a Learning Agreement and how do I get it?

A Learning Agreement is a study plan that details what subjects/courses you intend to cover during your mobility period and thus provides information on what you want to achieve during your stay abroad. It has to be agreed upon with the relevant person in charge at your home university and by an equivalent authority in the host institution who thereby guarantees that the incoming student can studt the planned course units/modules. The Learning Agreement and the transcript of records guarantee the transfer of credit for courses passed successfully by the exchange student. The home university carries out the recognition after the student returns to his/her home institution.

What is the Activity Plan?

It is a document outlining the research/teaching/training activities that Doctorate, Post Doctorate and Staff beneficiaries intend to carry out at the host university and thus provide information on what you want to achieve during your stay abroad. It has to be agreed upon with the relevant person at your home university and by an equivalent authority in the host university.

Do I have to fill in all questions at once in the application form?

No. As long as the call is open and you have not submitted your application, you can save your data and come back to work on it later.

Do I have to answer all questions in the application questionnaire?

No. Only questions marked by an asterisk have to be filled in. Should one of these compulsory questions not apply to your application, please write n.a.

Can I upload a ZIP-file?

No. You are allowed to upload files in PDF format.  If your documents are not PDFs you can convert them online for free:

My learning agreement/language certificate/degree/etc. consists of more than one file, how can I upload it?

If your document is saved in more than one file, you should copy the documents into one file. For example merge two PDF files, if you have the correct software

Can I update my application?

Before closing the application you may delete your uploaded documents and change your application until the application deadline. Remember to close your application before the call for appliactions deadline: only closed applications can be considered in the selection process.

Can I send scanned documents only or do I also have to send them by regular mail?

You should only upload scanned documents. No paper copies or email messages will be accepted in the application phase. Please make sure that the scan documents are clear and readable in all their parts. Illegible documents may cause you to be considered ineligible. After you have been selected, original documents may be required by your host university.

The scholarship is for 12 months, but the Masters is for 24 months. Do I have to cover my own expenses then? In this case the hosting institution is the awarding body?
The scholarship covers only the mobility period awarded. At the end of the mobility period the candidate must return back to the Home Institution, which is the awarding Institution. In case the candidate wishes to continue the studies at the Host Institution he/she must apply independently to the concerned EU Institution.

I am currently studying at a European partner university for Masters. Am I eligible for scholarship?
If the study period at the EU Institution is less than 12 months a candidate is eligible to apply. However, this is up to the EU Institution Regulations, whether to accept the candidate in such case.

I have been admitted to one of the European partner universities for Masters, beginning 2015.   Am I eligible for Scholarship? The Masters programme is for 24 months, and the scholarship is for 12, do I need to cover my own expenses in the second year?
Please refer to Questions B17 and B18.

I have obtained my Bachelors degree from an Asian partner university in 2011. I am not registered for Masters degree. Am I still eligible to apply as TG1 or TG2? Since the scholarship is for 12 months for Masters, can I extend for full scholarship?
Bachelors degree holders who are not registered at an Asian Institution can apply as TG2 provided they are registered in another Institution. Refer also to question B17.

I have not yet completed my Bachelors degree, but I will in June 2015. I am still eligible to apply for Masters?
Yes, you are eligible to apply, provided that you will obtain your degree or provide a document from your University that you have satisfied all the requirements of your degree, before starting your mobility.

I don’t have English Language Certificate. Can I send TOEFL or IELTS results after the deadline?
At the application stage an English Language Certificate is not mandatory, although it will count during evaluation. If a Candidate is selected this is compulsory for visa application in some countries like UK and Ireland.

I have graduated with a Bachelors degree from an Asian partner university in July 2014. I am not registered for Masters degree. Am I still eligible to apply as TG1?
No, you are eligible to apply only as TG2.

I am currently studying Masters in a European partner university since October 2014. I obtained my Bachelors degree from an Asian partner university. Am I eligible for scholarship? What is my target group?
You can apply as TG2. Also refer also to Question B18.

I don’t have a passport at this time. Can I apply using my national identification card?
Yes you can. In the meantime you should ensure that passport is issued.

If the language of instruction at my home Asian partner university is English, do I still need to produce an English Language Certificate?
In this case check the host university requirements as well. Also refer to Question B22.


I want to apply in fields such as Social Work, Human Rights, Sociology and Criminology. Am I eligible to apply in the INTACT?
The above field of studies are not covered by the project for student application. However, you can apply under staff mobility, if eligible. Interested applicants from other fields of study/research can also apply for a scholarship but, in case of equally ranked applications, priority will be given to the student majoring in a discipline supported by the EM INTACT project and host university field of study.

My English Language Certificate scores will not be available until after the application deadline. I am still eligible to apply?
Yes, you are. Also, refer also to question B22.

I am currently in my final year Bachelors degree in one of the European partner universities. I am still eligible to apply for a Masters degree? I don’t have an English Language Certificate.
Yes, you are eligible to apply provided you are an EU candidate, and that you will obtain your degree or provide a document from your University that you have satisfied all the requirements of your degree, before starting your mobility.

I have completed my Bachelors degree in one of the European partner universities under the framework of another Erasmus Mundus programme. Now I intend to apply for Masters Scholarship, am I still eligible?
If the period of studies in EU was more than 12 months, you are not eligible to apply.

I have obtained my Bachelors degree from a non-partner Asian university. Currently I am registered for a Masters degree in one of the Asian partner universities. Am I still eligible to apply for Masters degree?
Yes, you are eligible to apply as TG1.

I have obtained scholarship from INTACT in the previous call. Is it possible to extend my mobility period?
The mobility period can only be extended if this option is offered by INTACT Consortium.

Last update on 24/02/2017 -
Management login
Site map